ตำแหน่ง Sales and Event Coordinator เป็นตำแหน่งที่สำคัญสำหรับโรงแรมหรือรีสอร์ทขนาดใหญ่ที่มีบริการรับจัดเลี้ยง จัดประชุมสัมนา หรือจัดกิจกรรมพิเศษต่างๆ ให้ลูกค้าอยู่เป็นประจำซึ่งงานต่างๆ เหล่านี้จะมีรายละเอียดต่างๆ ของงานมากมายที่ต้องมีเจ้าหน้าที่คอยประสานงานระหว่างพนักงานขาย ลูกค้าเจ้าของงาน และฝ่ายจัดเลี้ยงของโรงแรมหรือรีสอร์ท และยังมีหน้าที่ความรับผิดชอบอื่นๆ ที่เกี่ยวข้องกับตำแหน่งนี้อีกหลายประการ
This position shall manage event information, coordinate event functions and supervise patron services for all banquet, meeting, presentation and wedding reception events. Coordinates scheduling and supervision of facility contract services. Direct part-time staff and volunteers. This position requires evening and weekend work that may exceed 40 hours per week and the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Aggressively seek new contacts and maintain working relationships with all civic and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives.
- Remain current of national trends in the industry and local market changes to best serve the facility. Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners for maximum facility usage and exposure. Represent the facility at trade shows and community events when required.
- Research and develop new programming for the Hurst Conference Center.
- Assists and advises Director of Sales and Marketing, as necessary, to ensure the successful achievement of the organization’s short and long term goals and objectives.
- Assists and advises Director of Sales and Marketing, as necessary, to initiate and prepare Conference Center’s budget.
- Assist in compiling on-going sales activity reports for Conference Center management team.
- Attends weekly event planning meetings.
- Provides Business Manager with accurate event billing information for proper invoicing of clients.
- Verifies space reservations by letter, draws up contracts, obtains signatures and insurance certifications.
- Conducts site tours/visits with potential clients.
- Collects and compiles competitive data regarding services, rentals and catering.
- Serve as event coordinator, when necessary, during function to minimize confusion and resolve challenges.
- Consults newspapers, trade journals, websites, social media sites and other publications to learn about contemplated convention social and meeting activity.
- Schedule and track event requirements within assigned target markets.
- Maintain ongoing relationships and communications with clients and outside contract services
- for a positive image.
- Gather accurate event information and ensure that event setups are accurate for events and that information is efficiently communicated to staff.
- Manage event contracts including the timely issuance of contracts, estimates, event profiles, post events summaries.
- Advise event lessees concerning technical and audio/visual requirements. Keep the Executive Director and Director of Sales & Marketing informed on all eventnegotiations in an efficient and timely manner.
- Communicate and advance all event information to appropriate staff and managers.
- Participate in development of annual budgets; monitor and manage on-going event services expenses within budget.
- Continuously research similar area facilities for competitively pricing, level of service, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
Indirectly supervise facility employees as the Manager on Duty, including patron services. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training volunteers; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A basic knowledge of sales and business management practices and procedures.
- Ability to compile and maintain records for payroll, personnel scheduling, and event scheduling.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make proper decisions in handling incidents at all types of events.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to properly train all event employees in handling crowds and the general public for the events scheduled at the facility.
- Proven ability to deal in a professional and cordial manner with the public attending events.
- Ability to plan, service and supervise a variety of events with the assistance and cooperation of other staff members.
- Ability to anticipate equipment and other needs for individual events.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree (BA); or three years of sales and/or operations experience in a similar type facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in marketing, management or business related field preferred.
- Experience working in a computer network environment utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and sales/event management programs.
- Knowledge of event production and operations including coordinating events with promoters, pre-event planning, organizing physical facility and staffing.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES / REGISTRATIONS
Applicant must possess current, valid drivers license and a current working home telephone with a number that can be accessed by building management personnel for contact purposes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with lessees, user groups, their representatives and the general public.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates and calculate figures such as proportions and percentages.
- Ability to maintain a calm, composed presence in an often fast-paced environment where multiple tasks, events and stimulus may occur simultaneously.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, dealing with both abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but there will be cases where the noise level is loud to extremely loud.
- This position requires evening and weekend work that may exceed 40 hour
การศึกษาปริญญาตรีการท่องเที่ยวและการโรงแรม (เกียรตินิยมอันดับ 1) ปริญญาโท M.B.A. การตลาด ประสบการณ์ในการทำงานมากกว่า 20 ปี ทั้งระดับปฏิบัติการระดับต่างๆ และระดับบริหารของโรงแรมระดับนานาชาติ และแหล่งท่องเที่ยวเที่ยวที่มีชื่อเสียงระดับชาติ